1.11.2006

Someday my prince will come...

Two, two, two blogs in one. Yes, it is my second post of the evening. I have something more on my mind tonight. My mom and I just came back from Seattle and spent the trip there and back talking. Our car talks are long, life planning, philosophical, spiritual talks and this was no different. One of the key topics of our conversations is my love life...me be-moaning the fact that I have none, and my mom trying to give me motherly advice in that area. My mom is ultra supportive, always telling me I'm beautiful, talented and that she envisions a wonderful life for me one day that includes a wonderful husband and "the works".

So we were talking and one of us mentioned my best friend Jana, who is kind of my perfect "example" of someone almost exactly my age, who is one half of a beautiful, happy marriage. Jana and her husband Shaun have been together for quite a few years now and have had their ups and downs, but I am always singing their praises, because it seems like through trial and error they have a kind of marriage I can only hope for someday. I am blessed to watch them and it gives me hope that good relationships do exist.

Anyway, so we are talking, and for once my mom says something like, " Well maybe we can't always hope for a deep romantic love like Jana and Shaun have, maybe it is enough to hope for a marriage that is mostly satisfying, even if it is not fireworks and passion. Things can always grow in time". I was kind of stunned, and I nodded and agreed. Now, I have to come to my mother's defense, I think she was talking out of not knowing what to say, and also out of her own disappointments. And to be completely fair she is always telling me that I will have that "fireworks" kind of love someday. I think she was just kind of throwing that out there for once. And for a second, a brief second, I thought...well maybe that would be enough.

I had a "vision" on Monday though, not a real vision as in a premonition, just this feeling that I was meant for something more than just "satisfactory". I had a glimpse for a moment of being with someone who totally got me...my sense of humor, my philosophies, and someone I could share all of my thoughts with, someone smart, and talented...a totally head-over-heals kind of love. And it was so clear that it made me feel 100% sure that love like that is meant to be for me. Maybe I just needed someone to tell me that I might have to expect less, to realize that there is so much more to be had.
adopt your own virtual pet!