1.10.2006

Sick and Tired Tuesday

I am sick for like the 27th day in a row or something ridiculous like that. I'm not sure how long this has gone on by now, but I know I was sick a week or more prior to Christmas. My friend Kyza scolded me several times last week for not having gone to a doctor, and at this point she probably was right, however I hate, hate, hate paying to go to the doctor for a cold or flu and having them send you home with a nothing but a prescription for drinking lots of fluids and getting more sleep. All of which I have been doing in addition to eating virtually no dairy, taking loads of vitamin C and echinacea, gargling with saltwater, taking various cold medicine...etcetera, etcetera. So I stayed home finally yesterday since with the new year comes new sicktime and went to the doctor. He sent me away with thankfully a prescription for actual antibiotics and cough syrup with codeine. And still feverish and stuffy I pushed the envelope and stayed home a second day, because I figure a 4 week cold is worth 2 days of laying in bed being a baby. BUT...for some reason I feel guilty! I always feel guilty when I stay home. Maybe it's because I have been going to work sick for the last month and probably could have dragged myself there and back today. I'm sure I am entitled to stay home when I feel this crappy, but I can't get over that fear of being gone from work. You know what I mean? I think I am going to chug some more cough syrup and pass out for the night...
adopt your own virtual pet!