12.26.2005

Random musings from the wee hours

Not sure what to write tonight but have a lot o' nothin swimming around in my head. Care to hear? Sure you would....

I have been judgemental about people who say they love sushi for years now, assuming it was just some faddish thing like "having to drink only Starbucks coffee." I figured people only "claimed" to like it because they thought it was an uber-trendy thing to enjoy, because otherwise, how could you possibly like eating something that tastes and smells like the inside of a fishtank?... I decided however, that I could only say I hated it, if in fact I gave it a fair chance. So I decided to try the new Japanese resturant they built down the road, Koji Osakaya and I have to say I was a bit humbled by the experience. I ate with chopsticks, I drank miso soup from the bowl (I will admit to asking the waitress why I had no spoon at first), and I even tried a tiny piece of raw fish...which honestly was...disgusting! HOWEVER, since then, I have more than once had an actual craving for the Tsunami rolls (shrimp, cream cheese, avacado, some other stuff and rice all wrapped up in ultra fishy seaweed) and have even gone back a second time for take-out!! I am a convert, and not the anti-foodie I once thought.

******
I saw the movie, Out of Africa last night. Beautiful movie. Beautiful cinematography. Very beautiful soundtrack. Depressing as hell but deeply moving. I have yet to see a Meryl Streep movie I don't love.

******
My cats have gone insane. I think I need to find a kitty obedience school. They are tearing up the carpet outside my bedroom door, they have started climbing the entertainment center, and eating the one plant I thought was safe from them and today I came home from being gone overnight to see that they had puked (probably from eating my solitary houseplant) right in the center of my red faux-suede loveseat. They are about 2 1/2 years old, which in cat years puts them at right about 16 I would guess. Teenagers (even feline ones) are from hell.
adopt your own virtual pet!