12.07.2005

Circle of Friends

I have really been touched recently by the warmth and sincerity of my friends. I am so blessed to know people who really value those in their lives. I know that what will make me happy are my friends and family and their continued support.

This year is drawing to a close very soon and although it has been tough (not just for me, but for a lot of us), there have been so many things to be thankful for. My best friend Jana gave birth to a beautiful baby, Evan James. I made some new friends like Janelle :) I watched Corri become an independent woman in her very own apartment, and I am watching my sister Joy become an independent woman...all the way across the country. Although my father passed away, his passing brought parts of my family I have never even met, together. And while there are some things I might change (like having a bigger paycheck) I actually do like my job.

I spent a good hour on the phone with my sister tonight, and she really brought some clarity to this year. She reminded me that these kind of struggles are God's way of preparing and refining me for something really awesome that is yet to come.
adopt your own virtual pet!