12.05.2005

I want my MTV!!!

Do you remember when the Real World was a semi-interesting show? When there was more to their cast than seven overly-tanned, booty-shorts wearing Hooters-esque sorority girls and drunken, belligerent frat boys?? Well, I sure do...it was when seven (albeit undeserving) strangers, who actually were kind of different, were picked to live in a outrageously decorated manison and have their lives taped.

I grew up with this show...real or not-so-real, I loved it and in turn I loved all of the cheesy spin-offs to follow in it's trendy footsteps: Road Rules, Real World vs. Road Rules Challenges...The Gauntlet, The Inferno, I and II and on and on and on. And now we even have Laguna Beach and Making the Band (basically the Real World with singing and dancing and even more booty shorts.) So, tonight as the newest season of RW/RR challenges begins I have to ask myself...when will it end!! Or better yet, when will I realize I am just too old to watch this nonsense. Do I have to be 10 years older than all of the cast members before I say enough is enough?? With 2006 approaching I have to consider the possibility of giving up my guilty pleasure...perhaps a resolution is in order (?)

But it's sooo hard, I do love me some MTV "reality" TV.
adopt your own virtual pet!