11.27.2005

Cliches and good intentions...

So...how do I create a space that I can use to share my feelings and pour out my heart, share my art, connect with others by revealing my innermost thoughts and make myself known while still maintaining a level of anonymity? This is an odd feeling. Sending my words out into the vast space of the world wide web and hoping for something in return.


It is so cliched, I know, but the end of a year always feels like a prompt for me to reevaluate the things in my life that are not working (there are so many) and try to chart a course for the next year that will bring me a higher level of satisfaction and peace. I would guess that this is the reason health clubs sell more memberships, more journals are purchased, the sales volume for Nicorette gum sky rockets. I know that at about this time every year I start a brand new diary. And about seven entries in, I lose my resolve. Maybe using a different medium like a web log will inspire longevity and most importantly, creativity. Wish me luck!
*****
I've been going through old diaries and journals of mine from over the last 10 years+. I remember that I used to think that my writing and poetry was so profound in highschool. Now, I realize it was not so incredibly deep. Some of it even makes me laugh, but I also remember how much solace I found in putting pen to paper and trying to flesh out my emotions. I decided that I would share a piece of writing from my past now and then... Most of it was inspired from my feelings of first love, so it tends to be a little lovesick and angst-ridden, but haven't we all been there? I think so.
You float in the air
and I can feel your hands
where there is nothing,
but empty.
I can smell you in the room
like baby's breath,
like love gone stale,
like a rose that has wilted.
A familiar smell in my lonely room.
09-22-1996





adopt your own virtual pet!